Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Music I want to create.

Music is one of the greatest things mankind has ever produced and it never gets old. I'm not much of a musician but I have played an instrument before. I have always wanted to make a song that has funk, maybe even a pop tune. I have always been interested in putting in guitar solos, some piano melodies at the start to get the listener in the mood. I want to create songs that bring escapism and fun at the same time. Some examples include The Commodores, Lionel Richie, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder type of music. It sounds like a challenge to create that caliber of music but I really want to give it a try. I think the garage band program will help set up some beats I want to experiment with. I'd like to make a song that starts out as heartfelt piano music and leads into a dance number. I think that would be an excellent combination and way to fool the listener into thinking its going to be a boring song but quickly gets it into a R&B dance groove. Another really interesting song I'd like to create would have to be kind of like a Journey rock song. Something that makes your hair stand up when you listen to it. I'd also like to try a soul kind of sound, something soft and makes you feel relaxed when you listen to it. Well I hope I can make something sound interesting, stay tuned for more updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment